See the full photo album athttp://picasaweb.google.com/AndrewRohanMP/InauguralSpeech
Read the full speech athttp://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LA20110601007
Connect with Andrew Rohan
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/AndrewRohanMP
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AndrewRohanMP
Website - http://bit.ly/RohanMP
|Andrew Rohan MP|
|Assumed office |
26 March 2011
|Preceded by||Ninos Khoshaba|
|Political party||Liberal Party of Australia|
|Residence||Bossley Park, New South Wales|
|Alma mater||University of Baghdad|
Early years and background
Born in Iraq, Rohan completed studies in petroleum geology at the University of Baghdad, graduating with a Bachelor of Science (Geology) in 1970 and a Master of Scince (Petroleum Geology) in 1975. Migrating to Australia in 1979, he initially worked as a petroleum geologist before establishing his own printing business in 1995.
At the 2011 state election Rohan was elected to the normally safe Labor seat with a swing of 18.8 per cent and won the seat with 54.8 per cent of the vote on a two party preferred basis. His main opponent was the incumbent sitting member, Ninos Khoshaba, representing Labor. Since the seat was first created in 1988, Rohan's win was the first time the seats has been held by the Liberals.
- ^ a b c "Mr Andrew Rohan, BSc(Geology), MSc(Petroleum Geology) MP". Members of Parliament. Parliament of New South Wales. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- ^ a b "Meet Our First Liberal MP". Fairfield City Champion. Fairfax Media. 29 March 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ^ a b "Liberals win Smithfield for first time". Fairfield Champion (Fairfax Media). 27 March 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ^ Green, Antony (4 April 2011). "Smithfield". NSW Votes 2011.Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- Campaign profile
- Mr Andrew Baijan ROHAN, BSc(Geology), MSc(Petroleum Geology) MP - Parliament of New South Wales
|Parliament of New South Wales|
|Member for Smithfield|